1. Don’t hate yourself for being in a reading slump.
2. Seek comfort, sympathy and similar reactions from others on Twitter.
4. Don’t look at your growing TBR list.
5. Don’t try a book out of your comfort zone.
6. If you tried a book out of your comfort zone and disliked it… refer to #5.
7. Don’t worry about not having any reviews to post.
8. Don’t post meaningless filler content just because you don’t have reviews to post.
9. Get off the computer and try a non-reading activity to give yourself a break.
10. Take a break. Your body and mind will thank you.
11. Ask friends with VERY similar reading tastes for book recommendations.
12. Choose a book that’s relatively short – around 200 pages is ideal.
13. If it doesn’t immediately grab your attention by the first sentence and/or paragraph, save it for later.
14. Repeat #s 11 and/or 12 until your attention is seized.
15. Remember reading isn’t a race. Don’t feel pressured into finishing the new book really quickly. Savor it.
16. Don’t force yourself to enjoy the new book.
17. When you finally finish the new book, start another.
18. Don’t immediately write a review for the first book.
19. Finish the second book and decide whether you want to review them.
20. Remember that you always have the choice to both review and just read for fun. Now celebrate on Twitter!
Then get back to reading.
|Leave a Reply |